Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Overdue

Hi all, it's been way too long since I've posted and I apologize for the lack of participation on my behalf. I just disappeared out of the blue due to the two jobs I've been juggling with and a full class schedule. First thing I want to mention! I have slowly phased out of the vegan diet because I wanted to add in what my body can handle at this moment. So far, I've added in eggs, seafood and some poultry - why is that? One, I tend to feel my worst when I eat fatty meat and heavily processed foods - so I've found out that the foods I've added back into my diet do not make me feel sick (I still drink my beloved green smoothies and juices, and have fresh fruits and veggies at every meal!!!!). And two, I am currently trying to "bulk" so that I can gain more muscle mass. I was so inspired by my brother's recent transformation...

Um...yeah. So this is what happens when you go into a cutting phase after a period of bulking phase. Props to him. I've been focusing more and more on dead lifts, bench presses, and squats - in order to improve my strength, as well as gains. The word "bulking" seems so off putting to a lot of women and I used to make faces at that word too. But the importance of muscle gains is crucial when that cutting phase/season comes around because it will definitely help me improve my body composition and allow me to reveal the lean muscles I've worked hard for :) Here are my stats right now:
  • Dead lifts: 150 at 5-8 reps
  • Squats: 180 at 5-8 reps
  • Bench press: 90 at 5-8 reps
I've come a long way since the times when I had a difficult time knowing what muscle groups to work out with certain exercises and struggled with lifting the bar off the racks. My upper body is definitely weak but I'm working on it. I've taken a break from weights when I was on my vegan diet and I hope those numbers will go up as I focus on heavy lifting & good eating habits. 

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that is quite a transformation! Props to your brother! Also, it's so awesome that you are getting back in to weight lifting! It is amazing how so many women are scared that they are going to get big and bulky, when really, building muscle is the best way to slim down! You're stats right now are awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so amazed at how quickly he can gain/lose weight - boys....ugh. ha! I've missed it for so long, I can't wait to see where my journey takes me!

      Delete