Saturday, September 14, 2013

City Market in Charlottesville


Today, my boyfriend and I went to the City Market in Downtown Charlottesville an hour before it closed. When we got there, it was still crowded - lively music, vendors and all. We bought heirloom tomatoes, green tomatoes, white peaches, white nectarines, Asian pears, yellow oyster mushrooms, eggplants - and a fresh donut & sage peach lemonade to share. We then got tacos right before heading back. Daniel, my boyfriend, went head over heels as soon as he took a big bite out of the warm, cakey donut. I had a bite of it as well and it was definitely a must-try! And the tacos...I'm not sure what the name of the vendor was but Daniel said they always had a long line of customers..so we decided to give them a try! I had one vegetarian taco while Daniel had each of the chorizo and steak tacos. I probably could've eaten one more but I knew we were going to make lunch out of the produce we purchased.





Look how beautiful those tomatoes look!


My boyfriend wanted to make fried green tomatoes so I let him take those - and with the rest of the heirloom tomatoes, I made a caprese salad. I also grilled the eggplants and sauteed the mushrooms & yellow onion with some lemon pepper. Then some fruit salad on the side of course. I feel like I always eat way too well whenever I'm with Daniel - I appreciate the fact that he always tries his best to accommodate my needs :) The first thing he likes to do when I visit is to make sure I have something to eat - so he'll stock up on fresh fruit and veggies (Thank you!). And plus, Charlottesville has some awesome places to eat - definitely one of my favorite cities!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend - the weather's beautiful! I can't wait for sweater weather :)

1 comment:

  1. That market locoks like so much fun! I haven't been to the one in Charlottesville yet! I love sweater weather too :)

    ReplyDelete