Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Monday/Tuesday Happenings

I've updated the smoothie page, if you haven't had the chance to take a look! I only have a few recipes on it but it'll grow as I continue to blog more and more.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I went to the outlet mall yesterday to exchange a gift - a gift that I wasn't particularly fond of. I received a Coach cross-body bag which was way too small to fit my wallet, phone, keys and anything else I would normally carry with me. I felt a little bad for exchanging a gift, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to use it as much as I want. I went to the outlet store in Williamsburg and was told that I can put the price of the purse towards store credit. The lowest current price, that is. The price came out to be 42 dollars and all I wanted was a nice wallet. The wallet I ended up getting was a little pricier than the bag...but I'm pretty sure it was one of the cheapest items (There was a bracelet that was 49 dollars..I saw the tag and thought, wow...that is more expensive than the bag). But overall, I was happy with the wallet. It doesn't have useless pockets or too many ID holders - which was bit of a problem with my last wallet. I ended up stuffing a lot of receipts and groceries lists in it :p

Later that evening, I made a Thai ginger fried rice dish - using cauliflower rice. I will have a recipe for that soon, I'm so eager to make it again :) It looks a little bland in the picture but...the lighting was a little bad when I took this because the sun was pretty much nonexistent during the storm yesterday. It really hit the spot though and kept me content throughout the later hours.

Then....today! I got to hang out with my boyfriend and go on a little date together. We had lunch, grabbed coffee/tea, then went to see Despicable Me 2 (been wanting to see it!). And let me tell you, I had one of the best breakfast burritos I've ever tasted in my life!!! (multiple exclamation marks necessary) We went to a bagel shop called Yorgo's Bageldashery in the Ghent neighborhood of Norfolk. I came across this place while reading restaurant reviews in my area and was awestruck when I saw their menu. They had an awesome list of vegan items, ranging from vegan cream cheese to vegan BLTs (Their vegan BLT was awarded the nation's 4th best vegetarian/vegan BLT). And of coure, they have other menu items that will satisfy you meat lovers out there. I read a lot of good reviews on one of their vegan breakfast burritos called The Peterman (tofu scramble, hash browns, vegan sausage, Diaya cheese, and red onion on your choice of wrap, I went with the garlic & herb). I did end up getting the burrito and my boyfriend went with deli meat, egg and cheese on a toasted everything bagel.

I chowed that down like nobody's business and washed it all down with coconut water. It was so dang delicious. I usually go for food with greens when I eat out... but because this burrito was mentioned many times in reviews, I couldn't pass it up :) It was so worth it! Daniel said his bagel was great too - as good as Bodo's (Charlottesville's bagel shop)..but the sandwich overall was better than them. I can't wait for my next visit there because I'm going to try their bagels next time! If you're ever in the VA Beach/Norfolk area, I highly highly recommend it. 

Yorgo's Bageldashery on Urbanspoon


Any bagel lovers out there?

What ingredient substitutions do you like to use when you cook/bake?

No comments:

Post a Comment